Saturday, December 20, 2008

Life Long Learning

I loved this week's lesson. The opportunity for life long learning that the library provides is the reason I work here!
I just finished my first semester of an online MLIS degree, so higher education 2.0 is definitely something I'm interested in. Not having to show up in person for class is incredibly convenient, but I've also found that it can be more of a challenge to stay focused.
Wikiversity is an exciting concept--it holds so much potential, especially for those who might not otherwise have access to continuing education. I'm interested to see how it evolves.
As far as the professional development sites, I was very impressed with the Positivity Blog. Attitude counts for so much at work, as well as everywhere else.
My favorite site for personal growth was the CNet Digital Home DIY. I used it to find and download a free antivirus program for my home computer. I also enjoyed salivating over Indian cooking videos at Expert Village. Aloo gobi . . . mmmmm.

1 comment:

Cherilyn said...

Yummy Indian cooking! It's such a challenge to find delicious curry in my neck of the woods.